Thursday, October 31, 2013

REMEMBERING THE GOOD TIMES - HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I like looking back on all the good times before I ever had IC or knew what was in store for me. I have so many happy memories that I take joy in revisiting. And since today is Halloween, I thought I'd share one of my favorites!

Halloween 1960: Me as Little Red RIding Hood! Mom made the costume for me (sewed the whole thing) and I LOVED it! Our pumpkin that Mom carved sits on the old "Hi Fi" in the background! Back in the "old days" we used to sit together and have dinner first, waiting for it to get dark. Back then, as children, it seemed to take forever for darkness to fall. Then my older brothers and I would just head out (without Mom or Dad mind you!) to go Trick or Treating! Back then, we got FULL SIZE candy bars; they hadn't even invented the minis that we give out today! After we were done, we'd come home, dump our loot out on the floor and trade with each other what we didn't like for something we did like! It was always a win/win for me and my brothers!

I look back at the fun times like this one with happiness and joy, remembering what a good time we had! It makes me happy to remember these experiences whether they are this far back in my childhood, or even as an adult right before I got IC! 


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment