Thursday, October 10, 2013

TAKING A CUE FROM THE PETS!

One thing we always enjoy with our pets, especially as it gets cooler outside, is how they seek out every square inch of sunshine in the house to lay in and go to sleep! As the sun moves throughout the day, so do the dog and cat. It always fascinates us how they know where to go to find a spot of sun to sleep in.

So this morning, my brother's dog that we "doggie day care" every day was in our family room in my Mom's recliner enjoying some sun. Earlier, she was on the floor in a spot of sun but moved when the sun moved. I happened to stick my head in as my Mom was at her desk at her computer and we were chatting when I spotted a nice big spot of sun on the sofa. I thought, I'm going to go sit in the sun for a bit myself!

I chatted with Mom for a bit but she had to run to take my Dad to a doctor appointment. But as I sat there on the sofa in the sun, along came my cat Keiko and hopped up on a pillow on the sofa and laid down and went to sleep. I curled up on the sofa and fell asleep for about half an hour (power nap!)

WOW, did that feel good! Spontaneous nap in the sun just like the dog and cat! No wonder they like it so much! The warmth of the sun felt so good on my aching body and I just dozed off for a bit. 

As the weather gets colder, I find my aches and pains and symptoms get worse. I love heat therapy - hot showers, my heating pad, but in the summer it's just too hot to use them. So as soon as it gets chilly out, I resort to my heat therapies. I think I'll add curling up with the pets in the sun - if they'll share a spot with me - to my heat therapy! What's better than curling up with your fur friend in the sun!





Keiko in the Sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment