Sunday, July 20, 2014

AN EXTRA SPECIAL POST!

Today is my Birthday. A milestone usually marked with lots of fun, celebration, cards, presents, party and friends and family.

This year for me it is different. Today is my 59th Birthday. I’m not telling you this searching for all those things I mentioned above that generally come with one’s birthday. 

No, it’s my Birthday and it’s a milestone that six months ago I wasn’t sure I would see. After being diagnosed with Idiopathic Bronchiolitis Obliterans back in February and told I needed a Lung Transplant or I was out of options, I wasn’t so sure I’d be here today.

I am. So I celebrate life. I celebrate being accepted for a Lung Transplant. I celebrate the love and support of everyone who is helping me on this journey.

Today is my Birthday. And I have everything; except the most important present of all - new lungs - that I could want for now. 

So I will celebrate my Birthday today with my family albeit very low key. And when I blow out that imaginary candle on my cake (no candles around me with my oxygen!) my quiet wish will be that I am here a year from now to celebrate turning 60 with a new set of lungs!


Close your eyes, blow out that imaginary candle and wish my wish comes true!







4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Catherine.. and by the way... I just closed my eyes and wish your wish to come true!!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 59th Birthday Catherine!!
    Every day is a special gift of life and every moment precious.
    My prayer for you is that God will give you the energy, strength, and hope you need while you are waiting for your new lungs, and that your waiting period will not be long.
    Every day that you are living was written in His book before you were even born.
    Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and telling us like it is.
    I still believe "The Best is Yet To Be".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carol. I truly appreciate your words and prayers.

      Delete