Wednesday, July 20, 2016

ANOTHER YEAR OF LIFE!

Today was my 61st Birthday! Most women don't like to brag about their age, but when I got sick with  a rare lung disease, vanity kind of went out the window.

I am here thanks to the ultimate #GiftofLife I received in Nov. 2014 and so today I got to celebrate my Birthday with my family. When I was sick these little things were all I thought about and all I wanted more of. Time with my family.

Today, we did not have a fancy party; I didn't want everyone in the kitchen all night long. We had a simple dinner at my request and we got to spend quality time together. It was so wonderful. The family that couldn't be there called to send their birthday wishes.

I got so many wonderful birthday wishes on Facebook and it meant so much to me, that no matter how long it takes, I'll write a personal thank you to each. These are the important things in life to me. Connecting with family and friends, near and far. 

Thanks to the lung donation I received, I am still here. Something that at one point was not certain. So today was the best day. I relaxed, spent time with those I love the most and it made me so happy.

Throughout the evening, I had moments where I thought of my organ donor and family and gave silent thanks for the gift they have so selflessly given to me and my family. Without their support of organ donation, this celebration would not have taken place. I do not take it for granted. Sunday we will go celebrate one of my nephew's college graduation party. Being there with all my family for celebrations like this or just getting any time together is what means the most to me. I am forever grateful to have gotten my lung and that I am here say that I am proud to be 61!

Blowing Out the Candle on My 61st Birthday Cake!



"Forever Young" - Bob Dylan




1 comment: