Thursday, November 15, 2012

END OF YOUR ROPE!

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on!"
- Thomas Jefferson

So many of us often feel this way, me included, but I also know that to just give up and give in are not options. I simply refuse to give up. This does not mean that I don't have my moments; I do. Had one yesterday. It's always the little, really insignificant things that seem to set me off. I'm hurting and when something goes wrong, I fall to pieces. The good news is that, with all the work I've put into therapy, I am able to recover and pull myself back together quicker than I used to when I was first diagnosed. This is progress! It's me tying a knot in my rope, as the saying above goes, and haning on!

We all have our unique challenges, but I encourage everyone to keep "hanging on" and keep fighting for better care, doctors, treatments and help! It's out there, it is! Sometimes we just have to work harder at finding it. 

You CAN do it and you will feel more empowered and more in control of your destiny when you keep fighting. So, if you have a mini-meltdown, cut yourself some slack, pull yourself back together and figure out what's next. Tie a knot in your rope and HANG ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment