Thursday, November 22, 2012

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

"The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving." - H. U. Westermayer

While I write this and reflect back on my year, I can look at it and honestly say it was not a good year for me and my IC. And I have had a particularly rough few weeks since my surgery. Probably many of us can say the same thing. It's hard not to focus on those things when we are in pain. We tend to think only of what we are going through, and that's normal.

But on this Thanksgiving Day, I have decided to acknowledge how blessed I am for all the things I DO have. I have a wonderful medical team working very hard to help me.  I have the most amazing Mother who takes such good care of me and our family. My entire family who love and support me through all my struggles. My dearest friends who also support me. I have a roof over my head and food to eat. So many people are suffering through this Thanksgiving without any of these things, many as a result of Hurricane Sandy.

I can sit here on this wonderful holiday and worry and fret about my rough year, or I can be grateful for what I do have. I choose to be grateful for what I do have. I am so thankful for my family, their love and support and the love and support of my dear friends and everyone in my "IC Family" who support and encourage me every single day!

So, with much gratitude to everyone who reads my Blog, who gives me their unending love, support and encouragement, THANK YOU! I wish a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, your families and loved ones! I hope you enjoy the day!


Me with Mom & Dad Enjoying Thanksgiving Breakfast!



No comments:

Post a Comment