Wednesday, October 31, 2012

PERSPECTIVE!

Perspective


If you’ve been watching the coverage of the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, it sure gives a person pause.

Perspective

Yes, those of us with IC are living with a unique set of challenges that sometimes seem to overwhelm, but when I see what others are going through as I sit in my warm, dry, comfy house it changes how I view my struggles compared to those back east.

Perspective

It’s amazing how one’s feelings and emotions can change when you see people who have lost everything they own but the clothes on their backs.

Perspective

Listening to people say they are just grateful to be alive, even though they’ve got nothing left and no idea when things will return to normal, if ever. 

Perspective

I have a warm, dry, comfortable place to live, food to eat, a roof over my head and my family is safe. 

Perspective

Often our pain and struggles, understandably, cause us to forget the things for which we should still be grateful

Perspective

As I sat in the comfort of my cozy chair with a blanket over me to keep me warm and watched so many suffering so much, my Perspective changed. I do not and cannot pretend I don’t have my challenges, but I can change the way I view those challenges.

Perspective:  Mine is changed and I am grateful for what I DO have.  May we all find peace and gratitude for the good things in our lives and put what’s really important into Perspective!

With the complete destruction of the Famous Atlantic City Boardwalk due to Hurricane Sandy, I thought I would include this photo of my Mother riding a bicycle on the Atlantic City Boardwalk way back in 1943 when she and her sister and parents went for a vacation there. So sad that it's gone now when you look at this, now somewhat historic photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment