Monday, October 22, 2012

ENCOURAGEMENT!



As you may already know, I’ve really been having a tough time with all these repeated UTI’s this year. It’s very frustrating and a real challenge to stay positive. This time I got a DOUBLE UTI with two distinct and separate bacteria that were positive on the culture! It really knocked me for a loop and today is the first day I feel as though the antibiotics are kicking in – thank goodness.  Part of my UTI problem is caused by my severe retention, so today I go for an InterStim programming session. Not only can InterStim help with urgency/frequency, it can help with retention, so my doctor felt this was something we should try to see if we can impact this retention problem; so I’m game. I’m also getting an instillation for my pain; these UTI’s really ratchet up the pain big time! I’m still committed to taking the high dose Probiotics and know it can take time for them to work, so I don’t expect miracles. 

My family and friends have been so supportive and encouraging. My sister-in-law brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers to cheer me up, which they did! She also wrote me a wonderful note that I want to share in hopes it will be as encouraging to you as it was to me.

“There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”  Albert Einstein

Think well everyone! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment