Friday, October 12, 2012

TOGETHER WE CAN DO SO MUCH!



“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”
Helen Keller

This is how I feel about those of us in the IC Community. Together we are so much stronger than one of us is alone. The support we give each other, I believe, makes us stronger and better able to deal with our IC than without it. I know that I am stronger because of each of my IC Facebook friends, the ICA, my IC Support Group, friends and family. Thank you all for your never ending encouragement, love and support. We each struggle every day with various challenges that living with IC brings us, but knowing I have so much support, drives me each and every day to keep fighting. Earlier this week, one of my oldest and dearest friends drove up to visit me. This was so special and showed what a great friend she is and how much her support means to me. Since I was diagnosed with IC, we have not been able to visit very often as she lives a 2 hour drive from me and I just can’t handle that anymore. She is on vacation this week and chose to take one of her days off to drive up and spend the day with me. We didn’t do anything special, but hang out and have a “girl’s day”. It was so great to sit and visit – best day ever and it did wonders for my mental health.


So, as we lean on each other, we gain strength. Don’t ever hesitate to ask for support; you’ll be glad you did!


No comments:

Post a Comment