Tuesday, October 9, 2012

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR THE DAY!


INSPIRATION FOR THE DAY


" Happiness is like a butterfly.  The more you chase it, the more it eludes you. But if you turn your attention to other things it comes and sits softly on your shoulder. "   

Henry David Thoreau 



I really like using inspirational quotes and affirmations like this to help me through the tough times. This is something I have worked on in therapy and meditation and it really can help if you work at it. It takes practice, but it's worth trying. I often write them down on paper and put them in places where I'll see them throughout the day; repeat them silently to myself often and work on deep breathing. It is proven things like this will lower your blood pressure and calm you down which can reduce pain. Anyway, I may pass along thoughts or inspirations for the day periodically in the hopes you find them as helpful as I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment