Monday, October 8, 2012

LOOKING FORWARD TO SUPPORT GROUP!



Tonight is my local Support Group meeting and I am really looking forward to it. I know I posted about Support Groups recently, but felt today was a good day to talk a little about it again and say thank you to my group. I have been struggling this year with several issues, both physical and emotional, related to my IC and if you’ve been following my blog, you know I see a therapist. That is a huge help and I couldn’t get by without that professional help. But there is nothing like getting together with my Support Group friends and sharing our stories and exchange ideas about diet, coping, and various strategies we each use. Or sometimes, the group needs to rally around someone who is having a really hard time. I just find our meetings so inspirational and encouraging. This is one of the best coping mechanisms I have to help me cope with my challenges and each member has taught me something every time we meet. There is nothing like having other IC patients to talk to and who support each other; I feel like we are a kind of family and I am grateful for their support and how much it has helped me in my IC Journey.


I would like to thank each and every member of my Support Group for their participation, support and encouragement, especially our wonderful Group Leader.  Each of you does more than you know for every member of the group. As has been said “It takes a village”; well with IC, it takes a Support Group! Thank you everyone and I hope to see as many of you tonight as possible!

I wish everyone wellness, peace, happiness and support! 


No comments:

Post a Comment