Monday, October 29, 2012

DON'T QUIT!



My thoughts today are all over the place. The impending hurricane is threatening so many all along the Eastern seaboard, and I am sending my thoughts and good wishes to everyone in harm’s way. May everyone be safe. Our “things” can be replaced, but staying safe is the most important thing.

I think of everyone suffering with their IC that lives in the path of the hurricane and hope this doesn’t make their lives any more difficult. My thoughts are with you all.

I am trying to find a way to manage my own IC challenges leading up to my InterStim surgery scheduled for November 12th. I am frustrated and talked to my nurse this morning who I will see tomorrow and she has promised to speak with the doctor and try to formulate a plan. Still I am struggling more than usual and felt all of us could use some positive inspiration to help us. I’m somewhat familiar with this quote, but it seems appropriate today to share it with everyone. I hope you find some measure of inspiration, peace or encouragement from it as I do.
 “Don’t Quit”

When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
When the funds are low, and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but have to sigh;
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but do not quit.

Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
And you can never tell how close you are
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-
It's when things go wrong that you must not quit.
Author Unknown

My thoughts are with everyone today, no matter where you are. May everyone be well, safe and strong. I have a vision of us all holding hands encircling each other in safety and support of one another. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment