Thursday, March 21, 2013

QUESTIONS ABOUT DISABILITY - TO FILE OR NOT TO FILE!

Many of you, I know, struggle with questions about whether you can continue to work or whether you should go on Disability. I know I struggled with making the decision. It wasn't easy to admit I needed to stop working, but in the end, I realized it was what was best for me and my health. None of us wants to go on disability, but sometimes that's what we have to do.

If you are trying to decide if it's what you need to do, I suggest doing your research before making a decision. Make sure you know what your benefits at work are before you just quit your job. Make sure you understand what your options for health insurance are such as COBRA. There are a lot of resources available that can help you as you do your research and I thought I would post links to some of the best information I think is available to help anyone trying to make this decision.

Link to the Disability Page on the ICA Website:



Check out this ICA Podcast on Disability:


Some links to SSA information:



These are some resources that I think can be helpful for anyone trying to make the difficult decision about whether or not to file for Disability. It seems challenging at first, but I found that getting educated and reading, asking questions and gathering information helped me understand what I would be dealing with and made the process easier to deal with.

I am always available to answer questions about the process. 

2 comments:

  1. I believe one should continue the filing, especially if they’re quite eligible. It’s because the benefits they would get can support them financially, especially when their condition requires medication that are quite expensive. And like what you said, it also helps to do some research with regard to the qualifications and requirements they need. Thanks for sharing!

    Jason Hayes @ DECORM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree 100% Never give up fighting for any benefits you believe you deserve!

      Delete