Saturday, March 2, 2013

BAKING A CAKE WITH IC!

Baking a cake today for my oldest brother's 60th birthday celebration tomorrow. I love to bake and this is always "my thing" for family celebrations. However, it takes a lot out of me since IC, so I have to take my time, rest and not beat myself up if I want to enjoy the party tomorrow.

The cake layers are baked and cooling on the racks. I'm going to take a nap now while my Mom does some pre-cooking for tomorrow and then after my nap, I'll start working on the frosting. I make everything from scratch, so it it's a little more work, but well worth it I feel. It's my gift to whoever is having their birthday.

We always talk about what we can't do since getting IC, and I can't work in the kitchen doing my baking like I used to. This past Christmas was the first time in YEARS I did zero holiday baking and it was difficult for me as it's always been tradition for me and my friends who I gift my homemade baked goods. But while I can't do a big baking extravaganza like I used do, I find if I plan ahead, get organized and split up the tasks, I can manage. I'm tired right now, so I need that nap. Hopefully when I wake up, I'll have enough energy to make and frost the cake. 

So, if there are things you want to do that are important but difficult, see if you plan it out, get organized and don't push too hard, you may find you can do at least some of what you did before. I'll be happy if I can get the cake made and not feel totally trashed. 

 Off to nap now with my heating pad! 

(Some of my previous goodies for a family party!)

No comments:

Post a Comment