Friday, December 28, 2012

A SPECIAL DEDICATION!

So I had an appointment yesterday at my IC doctor's office with his Nurse Practitioner, who I adore! She has been my rock through many struggles and is always there to help me, support me, helps me communicate to my doctor when I need to and just really is a true "Florence Nightingale"! And then the bad news comes; she is leaving the practice for an opportunity she could not refuse.

We all know what this is like in the business world. A boss we love leaves for a better opportunity; a co-worker gets a promotion and moves on. We're always sad to see them go, but this is the way of the world. But when it's someone we've come to rely on so much for our medical care, it seems to hit us harder than it does in these other situations. I am truly saddened to see her go and it is a loss to my doctor and their practice. She is going to be missed and near impossible to replace.

But, such is life and we must learn to adjust. It's just more challenging when we lose someone that has come to know us so well; takes care of us and holds our hands when we cry and works so hard to help us feel better. Learning to move on from a situation like this is more difficult than having a great boss leave (although in my career, that was never a good thing either!). I cried and hugged her yesterday when I found out but when someone has taken such good care of me, I just want what is best for her, so I am happy that she has found a new opportunity to challenge her and make her life better.

It is selfish that I don't want her to go, so I understand and wish her well. It will be an adjustment when she is gone. I have two more appointments with her before she leaves and I have to find some way to let her know how much I appreciate all she has done for me.

So this post is dedicated to my nurse who has helped care for me these past 11 years. I wish her all the success in the world and know that her new patients are going to be blessed to have her! I send her good luck and best wishes. You will be missed more than you know! Thank you for all the care you have given me; you have been a true life saver and I already miss you!

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark
from another person.  Each of us has cause to think with
deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."
Albert Schweitzer


No comments:

Post a Comment