Wednesday, July 24, 2013

IF I CAN DO IT, SO CAN YOU!

Once again, this year for my Birthday I sent out my annual message asking family and friends to make a donation to my personal Fundraising Campaign on the ICA website (link below so you can check it out):


As always, my friends and family stepped up and donated a significant amount of money to the ICA and I am so excited. The best part is that since the ICA developed this online tool to create your own Fundraising Campaign page, I have raise a Grand Total of $2,951.75!

I am so excited and now I want to hit that $3,000 mark, so that's my next big goal! But any way you look at this, this is close to $3,000 that 100% of which is going directly to IC research to help us all suffering with IC!

But, here's the thing. If I can do this, so can you! Setting up your page on the ICA website is so easy and I'll post a link to where you can do that. All I ever do is email a message to friends and family asking for donations to my campaign instead of presents for my birthday and Christmas. If helping to raise funds for research is important to you, let's get more people on board with this great way to help the ICA raise money for research. When you establish your page, you can designate that you want 100% of donations to go directly to research, which is what I did.

I don't do any complicated fundraising projects; just a simple email message and look how much I've raised. It's not hard and imagine if just 10 more people did this and raised the same amount, we'd have raised nearly $30,000! Just think what that kind of money could do.

So often I see people talking about the need for better treatments and that takes research which takes funding. We can all have an impact. It's not hard and you don't have to do a ton of work to do it! 

So, let's see how many of you take up my challenge and set up you own Fundraising Campaign and start trying to raise money for IC research! Together we can do so much more than just one person! Let's see what we can accomplish together!



No comments:

Post a Comment