Friday, June 14, 2013

THE IC COMMUNITY

As I write often in this Blog and post answers on the ICA Facebook page, I am struck by the feeling of "community" we all share with each other due to this awful disease. It's connected us all in a way we never imagined and perfect strangers have made friends because we all share this one thing in common.

The use of social media is often talked about in a negative light and there are reasons for that. But the good that has come from the development of things like Facebook, Blogging, Twitter and so forth has provided us all with a way to connect with others suffering with the same issues and provide support, encouragement, information and even friendship.

I think this is one of the most positive things to come out of getting IC. I have connected with so many wonderful people, shared information, helped support each other and developed friendships. For that I am grateful. It's an odd thing to be thankful for, but I am. 

I don't know where I'd be without the ICA, my local Support Group and the entire IC Community.  All of you have given so much, asking nothing in return. For the most part, everyone just wants to ask questions, share information and experiences and help support each other. This is social media at its best.


“Was it you or I who stumbled first? It does not matter. 
The one of us who finds the strength to get up first, must help the other.” 




No comments:

Post a Comment