Sunday, May 12, 2013

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Normally on Sundays I don't write but try to use it as an opportunity to simply post something of inspiration. But this being Mother's Day I felt I needed to stop and take a moment to dedicate today's post to my "sainted Mother"!

If you've read the little profile at the top right of this Blog, you'll notice I've dedicated this Blog to my parents, but today we'll focus on Mom. Since getting IC, my mother has been medical consultant (retired R.N. so I'm lucky!), limo driver, "landlord" since I moved home, Head Chef, the voice of reason and assurance and love and support, my patient advocate and hand holder through 13 surgeries and so much more that it would take pages to describe.

Needless to say, without my Mom, I don't know how I would have managed these past 12 years without her! She is my rock and I am so grateful for all she does for me and our entire family!

So, today, we are celebrating my Mom! The family is coming for dinner and someone else will do the cooking, cleaning and she will get to enjoy having her family with her, which I know is the only present she really wants.

I am blessed; my family is blessed. I hope everyone is blessed with such a wonderful and loving Mother as I am!

Thanks Mom! You totally rock!




  (My Mother's Nursing School Graduation Photo)                                                                    (My Mom and I All Decked Out!)     


No comments:

Post a Comment