Friday, January 25, 2013

SPENDING THE DAY NAKED!

So as you know if you read yesterday's post, I had multiple medical appointments yesterday. Since I live a good distance from where all my doctors are, I like to book multiple appointments on the same day so I don't have to go down multiple times in the same week. If I find I have one appointment in a week, then discover it's time to see another doctor, I'll go ahead and try to work them around each other.  

I often schedule my IC doctor and my psychologist on the same day, as they are not only in the same building, but their offices are right next to each other. So that always works out well. 

So yesterday, I had managed to schedule 3 different appointments for the same day and timed them pretty well. But at the end of the day, I realized I had spent the entire day basically naked and it made me laugh. 

- My first appointment was at my IC doctor's office with his P.A. for an instillation - naked from the waist down.

- My second appointment was for my mammogram - naked from the waist up.

- My third appointment was with my regular gynecologist for my annual check up - totally naked!

I just kept taking clothes on an off all day long! And next week I go see my IC doctor and then I'll be naked from the waist down - again!

It's really amazing when you've been sick with a chronic disease for so long that we get to the point where getting naked doesn't even phase us anymore! I really get a kick out of the mammogram technologist apologizing for the pain; I look at her and say "honey, this doesn't even make it on my list of "painful" things I've got going on!"

I think this is what makes us all real IC Warriors. We no longer worry about spending the day naked, mammograms are no big deal and being poked and prodded all day long is just par for the course. I really do believe that having to deal with all the exams, tests, surgeries has made us stronger than we give ourselves credit for. When we get to the point where we can actually say something is no big deal, or just simply feel comfortable speaking up for ourselves if it isn't, then we have learned to take control of our own health care and that's a good thing!

Of course, after spending the day naked, I really feel like someone owes me a nice dinner at least (LOL!).


No comments:

Post a Comment