Tuesday, January 15, 2013

POSITIVE SUPPORT!

I want to let every single person that reads my Blog know how much it means to me. Many of you have written to me to let me know that you appreciate my Blog and that you feel it helps you. Well, for every single person that has taken the time to express your appreciation for my Blog, each of you has given ME positive support and I am grateful! That feedback means the world to me and touches me deeply.

Sometimes when writing and posting these things, it's hard to know once I put it out into the "ethernet" who is reading it, what anyone thinks and how it is being received. When someone takes the time to give me positive feedback, you should know that positive feedback is also Positive Support! You encourage me and give me a reason to keep doing it.

I think we all need reasons and inspiration to help us keep fighting and keep going. I know I have my days where I really need something to inspire me or get me out of a funk and then I'll hear from an IC friend telling me that I have helped them! It turns everything around for me!

I love my Support Group friends and we support each other at meetings and via FB, texting, phone calls and so forth. If you don't belong to a Support Group, it's something I recommend. If there isn't one in your area, consider starting one. But even if you don't, taking advantage of the support we provide to each other via the ICA's Facebook Page and your IC Friends that you have made online I think is extremely valuable. It's a constant source of amazement to me how having this terrible disease has brought so many perfect strangers together and created friends. I am grateful for each and every one of you that has entered my life and provided encouragement and support to me even as I try to do the same for other IC patients. Isn't the internet fantastic!

So, this is to let anyone who thinks I have helped them that each of you gives me Positive Support, Encouragement and Inspiration. I truly believe that getting IC meant I had to do whatever I could to help others in whatever way I can. So I write this Blog hoping I can have some positive impact, but I get so much more in return, that writing about IC has become a way for me to cope as well.

Thank you to all my IC friends, my family and non-IC friends; you all provide me with such Positive Support it gives me the strength I need to fight through this and keep going!






No comments:

Post a Comment