Friday, January 18, 2013

SOMETIMES I HATE BEING RIGHT!

Sometimes I just hate being right! I got the call from my doctor's office and, yup, once again I have another UTI! I didn't even go 36 hours in between the last infection and this one! It's the second one already just since the beginning of the year. I had 17 last year and I'm off to a roaring start in 2013! 

I just ordered some D-Mannose along with the Critical Care Probiotic I am taking. I have not tried the D-Mannose before, but am willing to give it a try. I've been taking the high dose, critical care Probiotic for 3 months and it has not yet helped, but I am committed to sticking with it for at least 6 months. Trying the D-Mannose seems like it's at least worth trying.

My doctor's office has also given me a box of the anti-bacterial catheters to try, so I'm hoping they prove helpful too; we'll see.

Every time I go to the doctor's office and tell them I need them to check for an infection, they are so nice and try to give me a pep talk and say that maybe this time it won't show positive. Unfortunately, I haven't been wrong once. I KNOW when I have a UTI. One of the nurses said to me recently "Why are you always right; your crystal ball never seems to be wrong."

I wish I was wrong! But this seems a battle I am destined to have to fight for some time. I see my doctor in two weeks and once again I'll discuss this with him and see if there is anything else we can do. In the  meantime, I'll start my antibiotics, wait for the supplements to be delivered and keep on trying to fight to stay positive. It's been an ongoing battle for quite some time. I must stay strong and keep fighting even though I have my moments. It's not easy, and it's a work in progress, but I'll keep working on it.

"Be Miserable, or Motivate Yourself.
Whatever Has to be Done, It's Always Your Choice."
- Wayne Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment