Monday, January 28, 2013

JUST RESTIN'!

Today I am taking it easy and just restin' (Monty Python fans will understand that reference). I have an appointment tomorrow with my IC doctor and it's time to evaluate and discuss my situation. We've been doing a series of instillations with Gentamicin to see if that would help with the UTI's, I've been using antibiotic coated catheters for the same reason. Nothing has helped and I've already had 2 UTI's back to back (less than 36 hours from the finish of one antibiotic to symptoms returning of another). I had 17 UTI's last year and this year is not off to a good start at all!

I just finished taking my last dose of Macrobid last Thursday (only 4 days ago) and I knew yesterday morning the symptoms of another UTI are rearing their ugly head. It is so frustrating and I know we have tried every single thing there is to try but nothing is helping.

I am tired today and knowing that I have to go out tomorrow, I am really taking it easy, curled up with my heating pad and blankie. It's nasty outside though not as cold, but gray and dank and gloomy. That never helps one's mood.

So I am working on taking my own advice and doing things that make me happy; music, talking with friends and I had a nice little nap too. So, if you're having one of those days, do what you need to in order to get through it. Take care of yourself and don't feel guilty about it! And if anyone asks why you're just laying on the couch, just tell them "I'm just restin'!"



No comments:

Post a Comment