Tuesday, April 9, 2013

ANOTHER DAY AT THE DOCTORS!

Yes, here I am Blogging while sitting in the waiting room of my psychologist. I just came from my Nurse appointment at the uro/gynecologist for my weekly instillation - aaahhhh! I know they don't help everyone, but my instillations are a true life saver for me and whenever I get one, it's instant relief. The good news is I am still infection free so the streak continues! This is the longest I have gone in over 3 years without a UTI, so I am pleased and grateful.

I have two more instillations then I see the doctor the following week. So we will see what plans he has in store for me at that point. I will be interested in his thinking on how to proceed.

Due to the way things had to be scheduled, I have a little time to kill in between my two appointments, so today I brought my iPad with me, logged on to the hospital's free wi fi and here I sit blogging away. It's nice to be able to do this.

It's been 3 weeks since my last session with my therapist, so I think it's about time. I have been working on some of what we talked about at my last session - trying to go for little walks more often is a big one. I think I've done that, as you know if you follow my Blog because I've written about it a few times.

I feel the relief from the infections has helped my emotional state a lot. That was really wearing me down both mentally and physically after more than 3 years. So I feel a relief in that. The nurse asked me how I am feeling these days and I had to pause for a moment. Of course I am better with no infections than when I have them. But I feel I am back to what I like to call my "baseline bad"! She kind of laughed at that. I said, well, I'm not great. I still have to self-catheterize 3-5 times a day and yes that helps, but I still need my instillations as well. So while I am grateful for getting these infections under control, I am not "all better".

That said, I am certainly improved and that is a good thing! This instillation this morning will allow me to sit through my therapy session without having to stop to go to the bathroom. Always a good thing! I do not take it for granted!

So, there you have it; another day at the doctors! I leave you with my favorite positive affirmation:

May you be Well, Peaceful & Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment