Saturday, April 5, 2014

AN ANGEL TO WATCH OVER ME!

Yesterday I was surprised to receive a package in the mail from a friend and former co-worker. I was not expecting anything so could not figure out what it might be. As I opened the box I discovered the loveliest little gift sent to me to help me as I fight this lung disease.

An Angel to Watch Over Me! These figurines are called "Angels of Healing" and are by
Artist Susan Lordi for Willow Tree. The message from the artist, Susan Lordi, that comes with the sculpture says the following:


"Willow Tree is an intimate line of figurative sculptures that speak in quiet ways to heal, comfort, protect and inspire. This piece is cast from my original carving and then painted by hand. I try to keep the interpretation of Willow Tree open. I hope this makes it more personal and allows you to decide its meaning. May the simplicity of these figures communicate peace and serenity to you and those you love."

The artist hand carves each figure from her studio in Kansas City, Missouri. Expression is revealed through gestures only ... a tilt of the head, placement of the hands, a turn of the body. The simplicity of form and the absence of facial features signify Willow Tree. It is Susan's hope that these pieces be meaningful to both giver and receiver.



I cannot say how touched I was to received this gift from out of the blue. And the intent behind it truly is meaningful to me. That the interpretation is left to me to see what I see in it; to take what I feel from it. I really like that. 

So I have an Angel to Watch Over Me; to inspire me and protect me! The kindness of this gift truly touches my heart and I am so grateful to have so many people who are reaching out to help me as I go through this battle.


No comments:

Post a Comment