Thursday, September 19, 2013

RAISING IC AWARENESS!

September is Interstitial Cystitis Awareness Month and one of our IC friends, Melissa, went the extra mile and designed and printed IC Awareness T-Shirts to sell with a portion of the proceeds going to the ICA for research.

What a great idea and she is to be commended. Anytime I see someone working like this to do whatever they can to raise funds for IC research, I am on board. So I ordered my T-Shirt. Well, in order for the printer to print them she had to get 100 orders. So as days went by we waited to see if the minimum order would be reached.

I am excited to report that at least 100 were ordered and my T-Shirt arrived in the mail today. I am doing my share to help raise awareness by posting a picture of me in my T-Shirt everywhere I can. I have Tweeted it but I have also posted it on other IC websites that I like and visit.
Here is a photo of me wearing Melissa's IC Awareness T-Shirt




If you scroll down to the bottom of my Blog, you'll see a list of other Blogs and sites that I like. I hope you'll check them out too. There are a lot of sites and of course my top pick is always the Interstitial Cystitis Association website & Facebook page:



But there are other sites where you can share and exchange info and go if you want to spread the word and raise awareness. Here are some of those sites and I have posted this picture to all of these.







So if you ordered a T-Shirt, take a picture when you get it and start posting it everywhere you can to help really spread the word and raise #ICAwareness!

There are also other websites that aren't IC related that I like because they speak to me on a basic coping with illness and overcoming obstacles. Here's one I really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment