Monday, September 9, 2013

NATIONAL INVISIBLE CHRONIC ILLNESS AWARENESS WEEK!

For those may not be aware, this week is National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week (September 9-15, 2013). As we all know IC falls into the Invisible Illness category, and many of us have more than IC that are also Invisible. So I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention and add it your awareness work that you may already be doing this month.

Here's a link to their website


There are many different activities and things you can do to help raise awareness and if you go to the website you can find out more about them. The other day on my Blog, I did one of the things they recommend which is "30 Things You May Not Know About My Invisible Illness". This is something you can do and just share on Facebook, but you can also submit it to the website and have it posted there (I did; if you go to this page on the site and scroll down, you'll see my picture which you can click on and it will link back to this Blog where I posted on this topic.


So I would like to encourage everyone to check out this site, the opportunities to use it for awareness and think of it as yet one more tool in your box to help spread the word and raise awareness about IC and all invisible illnesses from which we all struggle!




No comments:

Post a Comment