Monday, August 12, 2013

HOPING FOR THE BEST!

If you're following my Blog, you know I posted a few weeks ago about my persistence paying of with my Medicare Prescription Drug Plan and figuring out coverage for resuming at home instillations.

Well, nothing is ever as simple as it seems, so it's been nearly 3 weeks and I still don't have all my meds, but I will by tomorrow. As usual, there was faxing back and forth between the doctor and the insurance company, some confusion about items I needed and things I don't need, but it appears we have it all sorted out. I got one med I need today, one I don't need, and the rest of what I do need I am told will be here tomorrow.

Now the only issue remains - since I posted about resuming instillations, I also posted that my infection free streak had come to an end. I just finished a round of antibiotics this past Thursday and I am back on my preventive routine. That said I am now a bit nervous about starting instillations again at home. I wasn't even doing them and even though I managed nearly 6 months without an infection, there is a level of nervousness that resuming the instillations will trigger a relapse into chronic infection state. So I will have to see how it goes, go slow and maybe see if I can get the doctor to answer a quick question tomorrow when I am at the doctor's office for my instillation and get his opinion on this. We'll see.

One day at a time as they say. I am glad to have all the Specialty Prescription work out of the way and now that I am in the system, it will be easy going forward. It takes patience, research and really digging sometimes to find out if your Prescription Drug Plan will cover instillations at home. But it's worth it if this is something you like and want to be able to do more often.

So, I will "hold my breath" and hope for the best!




No comments:

Post a Comment