Sunday, July 26, 2015

RECOVERY, INSPIRATION AND THE HIKE FOR LUNG HEALTH!

One year ago, I was suffering from an incurable, terminal lung disease, on the UNOS Waiting List for a Lung Transplant. I was in a wheel chair and on oxygen 24/7, needing a Bipap to sleep at night. I had been admitted to the hospital too many times to count in respiratory distress. Flew to the Mayo Clinic to get a diagnosis. It was July and my 59th birthday was nothing to celebrate. I didn't know if I would even be here to see my 60th Birthday.

But while it took 4 more months, I got THE CALL and received the Gift of Life and my Lung Transplant.

It has been a long journey to where I am today. Recovering well, getting back in shape and working on my physical therapy. As I have progressed, I decided I wanted to do something I thought I might never do again - a 5K Walk. But not just any Walk; one for Lung Health.

So I have committed to participating in the Respiratory Health Association's Hike for Lung Health on September 20th in Lincoln Park (Chicago).

I'd like to ask all my readers to please consider supporting me in this important event. This is so important to me. The fact that I got my Lung Transplant that saved my life and that I can even consider doing a walk like this is a miracle!

The past year has been the most challenging time of my life. I have worked so hard to get through my Lung Transplant, work on my recovery and rehabilitation. To get to the point where walking 3 miles is even a possibility seemed so far away. But here I am working on my rehab and signing up to walk 3 miles to raise awareness and fundraise for research for lung disease.

I hope you will consider supporting me (no matter how small) and this worthy cause by making a donation to my fundraising page! If you are unable, no explanation is necessary, but if you can help in any small way, it will mean the world to me and you will be helping others suffering from lung disease.









"Don't Give Up" - Josh Groban





No comments:

Post a Comment