Sunday, July 5, 2015

MILESTONES!

July 3rd was another milestone for me: 8 months ago on that day I received my Gift of Life and got my new lung. Time is passing so quickly and I can't believe it's been 8 months! The milestones are coming at me fast! Monday I will see my Transplant Team for a full check up, blood work, pulmonary function test and exam. I haven't seen anyone in 3 months which is amazing to me. I am having various medication side effects (kidney function problems) that I was warned about before transplant; I need to be monitored for antibodies that are starting to show up and that's a concern for rejection. I will anxiously await the results of all the tests on Monday and hope things are stable. But so far I am doing well and can't wait to tell the Transplant Team about my three - 3 Mile walks! What a difference a year makes. 


Before Transplant

After Transplant



"Go the Distance" - Michael Bolton


No comments:

Post a Comment