Monday, March 31, 2014


So today begins a long week of doctor appointments. However, the most important being tomorrow with the Transplant Doctor for evaluation in hopes of being accepted for a Lung Transplant. I don't know how much we will learn tomorrow, but I am anxious for it get here and get the ball rolling. 

I have other important doctor appointments starting today going through Thursday. It will be a challenging week but all are important appointments so I will take it one step at a time and we will make it through. 

It's being in the unknown that's so hard. I don't know if I'll be accepted for a Transplant. Waiting. Waiting for the appointment; waiting for the evaluation; waiting to hear if they'll accept me. I've never been good at waiting. I've always been what I like to call a "rip the band-aid off real fast" kind of gal! I don't like dragging things out. Let's just get on with it and get it over with as fast as possible. The sooner the better. So waiting is difficult. 

How long will I have to wait after my appointment tomorrow? Who knows. But wait I am sure I will have to until the Transplant doctor and his team make their decision. How long will that take? Even if I get accepted and put on the list, that's no guarantee I'll ever get new lungs. More waiting. 

The Home Health Nurse is due to arrive shortly and when she is done with me, we will head out to today's doctor appointment dragging my oxygen along with me. Ugh, that's a pain. 

I am already tired. Last night was a bumpy night. All evening as I watched TV, all was quiet and calm. The very minute I get up to go to bed, massive coughing fit takes over and goes on for an hour. My Mom gets up and comes to my room to sit with me to help me through it. She stays until slowly things calm down and I fall asleep and she can slip away quietly and go back to bed herself. 

I will hope for a nap when we get home this afternoon. And so the long week begins. One day at a time; one step at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment