Sunday, June 7, 2015

SUNDAY'S INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE & SONG FOR THE DAY!

It is now 7 months since my Lung Transplant. While there are and have been bumps along this road, I am alive. A year ago I still had not been put on the UNOS waiting list. That anniversary is in a few days. You've probably noticed that I take note, celebrate in small ways the many milestones that come with being a transplant patient. It seems to be a transplant "thing". But we have so much for which to be thankful, for without our transplant, there would be nothing to celebrate. By the time I got my lung, the doctors were extremely concerned that I would live long enough to get my organ. So these milestones are very important to me. Every single morning that I wake up, I think of the anonymous donor that gave me the ultimate Gift of Life and the lung that saved my life. I will think of the day that I was finally put on the UNOS waiting list. I will celebrate every time I make it one more month; June 3rd was my 7 month anniversary of getting my transplant. As the months tick off, the Transplant team tells me how great that it is. I am working so hard to make it to the one year mark and hope everything continues to go well, or is manageable, so I can celebrate my one year anniversary of what I am calling my "Re-Birthday"!  

So, when looking for an Inspirational Quote for today's post, I came across this and it really seemed appropriate to me. I am grateful every single day to be alive and enjoy spending time with family and friends. That's what is important to me and what makes me smile!

“If you're reading this...
Congratulations, you're alive.
If that's not something to smile about,
then I don't know what is.” 
― Chad Sugg

Me and my Family!

"What A Wonderful World" - Tony Bennet & K. D. Lang




No comments:

Post a Comment