Sunday, November 30, 2014

HAPPY THANKSGIVING (A BIT LATE)!

I have so much for which to be Thankful, I hardly know where to begin. My thanks and gratitude are in endless supply. I am SO thankful for my lung transplant and the Gift of Life I received a mere 3 1/2 weeks ago! It is truly astounding and not something I find easy to put into words. I am thankful my surgery went as smoothly as it did; that I had one of the top surgeons operating on me.
My FAMILY - well, there just are no words to express how grateful I am to have such a loving, supportive, encouraging (even when it must have been hard for them to do it for me) family that lifted me up and helped carry me through this journey, which is by no means over. In some ways, it's just beginning. They have STEPPED UP big time to help me and I love them all dearly.
To so many friends who have visited, driven, made meals, called and just listened when I needed it. I am so grateful!
This Thanksgiving is special on so many levels. Having had to be re-admitted to the hospital this past week due to some post transplant medication side effect issues, and being discharged just in time for Thanksgiving just adds to my happiness.
With much happiness, gratitude, and thanks, I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy to be at Home on Thanksgiving


1 comment: