Thursday, December 25, 2014

IT'S A MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I'm 7 weeks post transplant and things are going about as expected for a transplant patient, given we know there will be bumps in the road to recovery, but we just don't know what those bumps will be.

I've had my share. Side effects from medications, wound issues from the incision, pain, and we're waiting to get culture results to see if I have a lung infection. I'm on an antibiotic because the preliminary tests show something so they don't mess around when it comes to transplant and the Cipro was started immediately. 

This Christmas is so special. A year ago, I was sick. I had come down with this strange lung disease but we didn't know what it was or how to treat it. Now a year later, I've been blessed to have gotten my lung transplant and I am on the road to recovery. 

Like I said, there are bumps in the road to recovery. I had to be re-admitted to the hospital due to some medication side effects back in mid November. Now we're fighting what looks like it might be a bacterial infection; we'll see. 

But, this Christmas is not for reflecting on what I almost lost this past year but instead what I gained - my life. I am working on my rehab so I can get my fitness level back. I can breathe without oxygen. I am so grateful for the Loyola Transplant Team who got my my Lung and continue to take care of me even after discharge. 

Christmas is a time for being thankful and reflecting on the year gone by. I'm glad it's gone by. I do not wish to repeat it. I am so thankful for my new lung and the fact that I am on my way to recovery. My family has helped me more than I can say. There is just so much for which to be thankful that I run out of words.

I am blessed and thankful. My Christmas gift to my family is a huge hug and my love for standing by me. I could not have done any of this without each and every one of you!




This Picture Is Truly a Miracle!




No comments:

Post a Comment